3.12.14

a yosemite thanksgiving.

Let's just get this out in the open- YOSEMITE IS BEAUTIFUL. It just is. There are no other words to describe it. 


Todd and I drove up to Yosemite last week to meet my whole family for Thanksgiving! Growing up in the Bay Area, my family would go to Yosemite almost every year around Thanksgiving. Since my parents have moved we haven't been back in a few years. It was SO GOOD to be back in that gorgeous valley. It was Todd's first time to Yosemite which made it extra fun to show him all of my favorite things there. 



My whole family (including my two preggo sisters and five kids under 10) climbed all the way up to Vernal Falls and back! Then half of the group went another few miles up to Nevada Falls! These are not easy hikes you guys. Hard stuff but seriously the prettiest scenery ever. It was so much fun being with everyone on this hike! Such a great time.








The next day we went on the best bike ride all around the valley! We rode right under Half Dome and all of the other gorgeous peaks. 








We had our turkey dinner at the Ahwahnee hotel. Such a magical hotel! The dining hall looked straight out of Hogwarts. Hanging candles and all! 




SO grateful for my family this year and that we could all be together for Thanksgiving.


Also grateful for my best friend, my partner in everything, my cuddle buddy, my husband. Love him so much.


1 comment:

Lindsay Riggs said...

Looks like a dream trip! I'm aching for those hiking preggos though! And, come on, no hogwarts shot? :)